Baby Kale and Apple Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
The combination of textures and flavors work great with each other. This is a beautiful side dish salad that will easily pair with about any Fall entree you're serving.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic pressed through a garlic press or fine diced.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 tbsp fresh whole leaf parsley finely chopped for the dressing
- 4 tbsp Somerset Ridge Citron OR Avalon
- 4 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp honey
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 granny smith apples cut in slices
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic into your salad bowl.
- Rub the garlic into the bottom and sided of bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl.
- Wash greens well and dry.
- Place the kale and parsley into the bowl on top of the oil and mix until all leaves are coated with the oil.
- Pour the apple juice and vinegar in a bowl, add the salt and several generous turns of black pepper
- Add honey and stir until the salt dissolves.
- Shake or whisk to recombine.
- Pour this mixture over the greens and toss until combined.
- Add apple slices. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and feta.
- Serve immediately.