Bing Cherries With Ruby Wine Syrup
- 13 ounces pitted frozen dark sweet cherries thawed and drained juices reserved
- 1/4 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Port
- 1/4 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Red Wine
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar plus more if needed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp almond extract optional
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla bean ice cream store-bought or homemade
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the juices from the cherries with the Ruby Port and Ruby Red Wine.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch until no lumps remain.
- Gradually whisk in the wine mixture.
- Add the cherries.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the almond extract, if using. Let cool slightly.
- Taste and add more sugar, if needed.
- Serve the warm sauce over the ice cream.