Lucky Dog Braised Chicken & Mushrooms
This one-skillet dinner features chicken, mushrooms, award winning Lucky Dog hard apple cider, and mustard sauce that’s perfect French comfort food.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs skin removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms quartered (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped and divided
- 3/4 cup Luck Dog Hard Cider
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly browned, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil to the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots and sauté, stirring frequently, until mushrooms begin to brown, 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 45 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the Lucky Dog Cider, broth and mustard and bring to a simmer, scraping up browned bits on bottom of pan.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices from the plate, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer uncovered until the sauce has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!