Citron and Almond Biscotti
This delicious little treat is perfect to serve with wine or coffee.
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup Somerset Ridge Citron Wine
- 1 tbsp lemon zest from 3 lemons
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a hand-held mixer, beat together the egg whites and salt in a medium bowl on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the granulated sugar and continue to beat until very soft peaks form, another 2 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, slivered almonds, Citron and lemon zest and use a rubber spatula to stir and fold until just combined.
- Scoop heaping 1 tablespoon mounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the trays halfway through, until lightly brown on the edges, about 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the tray.
- Dust with the confectioners' sugar and serve.