Servings: 6 servings
- 4 ounces small Mission Figs 13 to 15 figlets
- 1/2 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Port
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 ounce hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot minced in food processor
- 2 ounces chèvre softened and sliced
- 1/4 cup Somerset Ridge Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper
- 8 cups field greens rinsed, drained, patted dry, wrapped in paper towels and chilled
- Cut the stems off of the figs, rinse them, and pat dry.
- Place in a small saucepan with the Somerset Ridge Ruby Port and sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat as low as possible and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Drain liquid into bowl to save.
- Allow the Figs to cool then cut into quarters, set aside.
- Using a wide frying pan, toast the hazelnut over medium heat, stirring, until they emit a nutty aroma, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and when cool, coarsely chop.
- Reheat the fig cooking liquid over low heat and stir in the vinegar, shallot, chèvre, Somerset Ridge Grape Seed Oil and seasonings.
- Add the Figs and raise the temperature to med-low.
- Stir the dressing until cheese is completely melted.
- Toss the greens with the dressing then sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Serve immediately.