Riesling Gelée with Strawberry Conserve
- 1 1/2 cups Somerset Ridge Riesling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1 /4 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- Strawberry Conserve
- 1 pint strawberries cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Somerset Ridge Riesling
- Make the gelée In a small saucepan, combine the Somerset Ridge Riesling and sugar and bring to a low simmer over moderate heat, swirling gently until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cooled syrup and let soften for 5 minutes.
- Warm the syrup over moderate heat and stir to dissolve the gelatin, about 1 minute; let cool slightly. Pour the gelée into 4 wine glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, gently stir the strawberries with the honey, sugar, lemon zest and Somerset Ridge Riesling. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberry conserve over the gelée and serve.
**If you would like to make ahead of time, the gelée can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.**