Creamy Traminette Mushroom Stuffed Shells
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 stick salted butter 8 tablespoons
- 3 cups shiitake or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Somerset Ridge Traminette
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded provolone
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen spinach thawed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium pot. Add the mushrooms.
- Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet.
- To the skillet, add the reaming 6 tablespoons butter, the garlic, basil, oregano, and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the Somerset Ridge Traminette Wine, then the milk.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Set the cheese sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the pasta until al dente according to package directions.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, provolone, and spinach.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Working with one pasta shell at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mix into each shell, placing the filled shell into the baking dish as you go.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella, pour the remaining cheese sauce over top. Top with a 1/4 cup of parmesan and then the mushrooms.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes or until the top has bubbled up. Remove the foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh thyme.