Port Glazed Walnuts With Stilton
These are so delicious and so easy to make! The perfect addition for a sweet snack or after dinner treat!
- 2 1/2 cups walnut halves 9 ounces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Port
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound wedge of Stilton cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, Somerset Ridge Ruby Port, pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the walnuts to the saucepan, stirring to evenly coat them.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain the nuts very well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the walnuts on it in a single layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stirring once, or until the nuts are mostly dry; let cool.
- Separate any nuts that stick together.
- Meanwhile, simmer the syrup over low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Set the Stilton on a serving platter and place the walnuts in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle the port syrup over the cheese and serve with the nuts.
- Serve and Enjoy!