Pot Roast Mushroom Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Red Wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups pot roast cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture and it has evaporated, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Ruby Red wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and beef, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the parsley and remove from heat.