Lucky Dog Hard Cider Sautéed Kale
Enjoy this delicious vegetable side dish as is or combine it with our Colcannon recipe for an outstanding Irish recipe!
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 12 cups chopped kale stems removed
- 6 tbsp Somerset Ridge Lucky Dog Hard Cider
- Heat oil in a large skillet or large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and salt and cook, stirring often until the onion starts to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add kale and stir to coat with the onions.
- Add 2 tablespoons Lucky Dog Hard Cider, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir again and check if there is moisture on the bottom of the pan. If it has dried up, add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of Lucky Dog.
- Cover and continue cooking, until the kale is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove lid and check kale for tenderness.
- Top wit your favorite topping! Ex: pancetta, sliced almonds, pine nuts
**For Colcannon, check the recipe for Colcannon with Lucky Dog Sautéed Kale**