Tawny Port, Shallot And Mushroom Sauce
The perfect steak sauce addition
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup Somerset Ridge Tawny Port
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add the shallot, garlic and chopped rosemary.
- Cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Tawny Port, cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth; cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add grilled or pan-seared steaks and any accumulated juices and the remaining 1 tbsp butter to the skillet.
- Cook, turning the steaks to coat, 1 minute.
- Serve with the cauliflower puree, creamy polenta, or mashed potatoes.