Somerset Ridge Cioppino
Yield: 8 people
- 1 1/2 Cups Somerset Ridge Ruby Red Wine
- 1 64 oz bottle Clamato juice
- 2 bottles clam juice
- 1 large can fire roasted diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbsp Pennzey’s seafood stock paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound cod or halibut 1” chunks
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and cleaned
- 1 pound mussels scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 pound small clams such as mahogany or littleneck, cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian Parsley as garnish
- Optional: 1 small lobster tail per person or 1 pound sea scallops
- Early in the day, make the broth by simmering the Clamato Juice, Somerset Ridge Ruby Red Wine, extra clam juice, Seafood SoupBase, garlic and diced onion.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Taste to correct seasoning, adding salt and /or pepper as needed.
- Cool, then refrigerate until 1 hour before serving
- Bring the stockpot of broth to a boil. Check for seasoning again. Reduce to a simmer.
- 15 minutes before serving, add fish chunks and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the shrimp, cook 5 minutes at a very low simmer.
- If you are using lobster tails, add with clams.
- If adding scallops, add with shrimp.
- Serve in large flat bowls, making sure each serving has some of every seafood.
- Garnish with chopped Italian Parsley.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread and plenty of Somerset Ridge Red Wine.