Reynold’s Family German Goulash Soup
- 2 lbs Chuck Steak 1/2" cubes
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions diced
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Somerset Ridge Ruby Red Wine
- 4 quarts water
- 4 large Idaho baking potatoes diced. Do not use red potatoes, fingerling or baby potatoes. (too waxy.)
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- Heat the oil, saute beef cubes and onions.
- Add Paprika, salt and pepper, and vinegar.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring to incorporate.
- Add caraway, marjoram, garlic, Ruby Red Wine and water.
- Bring to a boil. Lower temperature, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and sliced mushrooms, simmer for 2 hours.